Thursday, July 21, 2011

Monique Thursdays - Facebook Mommy Etiquette.


Happy Thursday! The good thing about Thursdays is you have something to look forward to...FRIDAY! And no, I am not queuing the annoying horrible "friday" song....both the teenage girl (what's her face?) on youtube and the Katy Perry one. Enough about that tho! 
This Thursday's topic is about Facebook. I know what you might be thinking, Facebook? Really?! But its not just about Facebook in general, it's about Facebook and New Mom Etiquette! 

I love that a lot of my friends are having little mini people, it's totally cool with me. I love hearing about friends becoming preggo and seeing who the "baby daddy" is.(i love using the phrase baby daddy too!) Then trying to guess if the baby will have what genetic trait. Its exciting! Cause for me its a game I get to become excited for over a certain amount of time and then when the little one pops out, I see if I'm right or not. I love it even more because it's not my little person too! I'm not obviously ready for kids lol BUT! It's especially entertaining when the kid looks NOTHING like the baby daddy, but that's a whole other topic for another post...or an episode of Maury.

ANY WHO! 
(i have attention/rambling problems, sorry)

There are certain things I cannot STAND to see on Facebook when it comes to little people and the New Mommy friends I have. Here are the main ones:

  1. NO NAKED PHOTOS- I get that they're cute, most babies are, give or take the few unfortunate ones. And to throw my disclaimer out there now, I'm not being mean. There is a such thing as an "ugly baby". Everyone has seen one, it's just they might not have said it out loud, so chill. Back to the photo peeve....It is really 110% inappropriate to post naked photos of your baby on Facebook.  One- you shouldn't want people seeing your kid naked. Weird and gross.  Two- most of us really don't care to see it. So be a nice mom, and leave those pictures in an album where they're more acceptable. Plus your kid will grow up and thank you later.
  2. YOU must be in YOUR profile picture- You are not your baby, so please do not put your kids picture as your profile main picture. You can be in the picture with your little one, but not alone. Period.
  3. Lay off the kids-only updates- I became friends with YOU on Facebook. I love that you keep us updated on the major events going on with baby-but I also want to know what's going on with you, our actual friend.
  4. Refrain from the "tired and complaining comments" - Don't be a Debby Downer! I hate when new moms complain often that they're tired. Having/Raising a kid isn't easy! I don't know from personal experience, but I was a full-time nanny for a 2 year old that could have been a lead role in the Omen for longer than I wanted to and after watching too much reality TV on that topic, I feel like I qualified to state my observation. I want to see POSITIVE updates from my friends personally- you complaining all the time is grounds for defriending you. Just saying.

So that's-that about Baby Facebook Etiquette! It's been real.


1 comment:

  1. I am 100% agree with you! And what I hate most is those people that put up their pet photo as their profile one - and message you saying that their were your primary school old classmates, ex- whatever...Huh? Message from old 'animal' friends?

    ReplyDelete